An Athlete’s Guide to a Healthy Weight is a 26-minute video designed to bring a sports dietitian to your athletes! This video covers the ins and outs of achieving and maintaining a healthy body weight for an athlete’s specific sport. It highlights tips for fueling the day and exercise and dials in on strategies for healthy weight gain and body fat loss. The video also discusses the health and performance consequences of under-fueling as well as the supplement situation and how it relates to youth athletes.
As a sports dietitian, I am constantly asked for practical ways to help fuel athletes. From school to meetings to training to competitions, athletes of every age, shape and sport are challenged to fuel their bodies appropriately. I know that if athletes will make nutrition and hydration a top priority, it will give them an edge and ultimately help them perform their best!
Here’s the Play-by-Play on the An Athlete’s Guide to a Healthy Weight video:
- Energy Management for Athletes
- Body Weight Science
- Fueling an Athlete’s Day Highlights
- Carbohydrates, Proteins and Fats
- Fueling an Athlete’s Exercise Highlights
- Pre-, During- and Post-Exercise Recommendations
- Healthy Weight Gain
- Tips and Tricks to Gaining Weight the Right Way
- High Calorie Food Exchanges
- Healthy Lean-Out Tips
- Tips to Lean Out Without Sacrificing Performance
- Defining Under-Fueling and the Health and Performance Consequences
- The Supplement Situation
- Safety for Youth Athletes
- Third-Party Supplement Testing
Purchase of a membership to the An Athlete’s Guide to a Healthy Weight video gives you unlimited access to it for one year. You can show your athletes, parents and staff as many times as you’d like! Help take your athletes’ performance to the next level with proper sports nutrition and hydration!