Fueling On-the-Go is a 20-minute video designed to bring a sports dietitian to your athletes! This video covers the ins and outs of fueling a busy lifestyle. It highlights the basics of fueling athletes’ day and their training and teaches them how to build healthy meals and snacks, whether bringing from home or grabbing on-the-go. It covers healthy out-to-eat choices, fast food swaps, quick snacks that fuel the body as well as fluids to drink and fluids to dump.
As a sports dietitian, I am constantly asked for practical ways to help fuel athletes. From school to meetings to training to competitions, athletes of every age, shape and sport are challenged to fuel their bodies appropriately. I know that if athletes will make nutrition and hydration a top priority, it will give them an edge and ultimately help them perform their best!
Here’s the Play-by-Play on the Fueling On-the-Go video:
- Fueling an Athlete’s Day Highlights
- Carbohydrates, Proteins and Fats
- Fueling an Athlete’s Exercise Highlights
- Pre-, During- and Post-Exercise Recommendations
- Building a Healthy Breakfast
- Making a Nutrient-Rich Breakfast at Home
- Packing Brown Bag Breakfast for Morning Workouts
- Building a Healthy Lunch
- Tips to Pack a Nutrient-Rich Lunch
- What to Buy at School Lunch
- Packing Fueling Snacks
- Healthy Choices for Eating Out
- Out-to-Eat Goals
- Healthy Swaps
- On-the-Go Snacks
- Fluid to Drink and Fluids to Dump
Purchase of a membership to the Fueling On-the-Go video gives you unlimited access to it for one year. You can show your athletes, parents and staff as many times as you’d like! Help take your athletes’ performance to the next level with proper sports nutrition and hydration!